New Delhi - 23rd Aug, 2012
Arya Samaj leader and Human Rights Activist Swami Agnivesh submitting a memorandum to President of India , Shri Pranab Mukherjee today demanding sacking of Mr. P. Chidambaram from the Union Cabinet and also imposition of President’s Rule in Chhattisgarh because of their involvement in the gruesome cold blooded murder of nearly 20 Adivasis , including 7 innocent children in Karseguda – Bijapur Chhattisgarh on 28th June 2012 and for claiming that the Joint Operation by Paramilitary forces has succeeded in killing 17 hardcore Naxalites. Agnivesh also demanded setting up of a high-level Special Investigation Team to be directly monitored by the Supreme Court of India to go into the killings. Mr. Shekhar Dutt , Governor of Chhattisgarh tobe summoned to Rashtrapati Bhavan along with victimized family members for a meeting with Rashtrapati ji , the memorandum added.
(Full memorandum is below)
Date: 23rd Aug, 2012
New Delhi -110001
Respected Pranab Da,
In the first ever cold blooded massacre of 19 poor adivasi boys, girls and men on 28th June 2012 at Karseguda , Bijapur Distt. Chhattisgarh has shocked the whole nation. The fact that this unprovoked mass killing took place under the Joint Operation Command directly under the then Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram and Dr. Raman Singh , Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh and carried out by more than 100 Central Reserve Police Force as well as COBRA ( Combined Battalion for Resolute Action ) makes this diabolic mass killing the most sinister ever.
Immediately after the macabre mass murder, the then Union Minister for Home P. Chidambaram and the CRPF commanders in the field claimed it to be the first ever most successful anti naxal operation. They said that they have killed 17 hardcore Maoists and captured two live. Only six of their jawans got injured. Their biggest ever success against Maoists!
But as I maintained in my statement as early as on 29th June morning and later corroborated by many independent journalists, it turned out to be a cold blooded mass murder of innocent tribals including their young children.
The latest to corroborate is the enquiry report by none other than Congress Party of Chhattisgarh through an enquiry committee under MLA from Konta, Kawasi Lakma, himself a tribal, leader and his ten colleagues. This report has been upheld by Ajeet Jogi ( a tribal former Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh ), Charan Das Mahant Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Nan Kumar Patel, the State Congress Party President. The Union Minister for Tribal welfare Shri Kishor Chandra Dev has publicly condemned the killing of innocent tribals at the hands of the Para Military Personnel.
- The ;Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh should take moral responsibility for this gruesome incident, apologise to the AdivasiCommunity in particular and the nation in general and forthwith sack his Cabinet Minister Mr. P. Chidambaram.
- Order highest level Special Investigators team SIT to be monitored by Supreme Court of India or CVC.
- Suspend all CRPF & COBRA Jawans involved in the operation and register cases of murder against them including under SC, ST Atrocities Act 1989.
- Ex-gratia payment of Rs. 25 lakhs each to the family members of those killed.
- Take stringent constitutional steps against Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh for persistent violation of constitutional norms in Chhattisgarh.
- Dear Rashtrapati ji , being the custodian of Tribal Welfare you should visit the site of massacre and the assure the family members of the victims of speedy justice.
- Alternatively , Respected Rashtrapati ji ,
- you may summon the Rajyapal of Chhattisgarh for report on this gruesome incident , his own accountability with regard to action taken under part V of Indian Constitution .
- The Rajyapal , Mr Shekhar Dutt may also be told to bring the affected family members for you to meet them here in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- 8. Disband the infamous Operation Green Hunt
President – World Council of Arya Samaj
Also Member – National Integration Council