- Founder-Chairperson of Bandhua Mukti Morcha (Bonded Labour Liberation Front) since 1981.
- President Sarvadeshik Arya Pratinidhi Sabha (World Council of Arya Samaj) since Sept. 2004.
- Former Chairperson of the United Nations Trust Fund on Contemporary Forms of Slavery (January 1994 to December 2004)
- Director of KAICIID( King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz International Center for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue) since 2010
- Former Member of the Haryana Legislative Assembly (1977- 1982). Minister of Education in Haryana 1979
- Former Vice President - Interntional Niwano Peace Prize Committee, Tokyo (January 2003 to 2005)
- Member - International Peace Council (since January 2003)
- Founder Convenor-Sarva Dharma Sansad (Parliament of All Religions-India) since 5th October 2007.
- Global Trustee of URI – United Religion Initiative, Co-founder of URI’s Religions for Social Justice Cooperation Circle, which has been a powerful force for interfaith harmony and cooperation in India.